The following requirements must be followed if your child must take medication at school:
- Student name
- Physician’s name
- Name of drug
- Amount to be given
- Frequency of administration
- Date prescription filled
- Appropriate signature
- Reason drug is to be given
2. All prescription and non-prescription drugs to be administered at school for longer than 15 days must be accompanied by a written request and signed by the prescribing physician and the parent or guardian.
3. Medications prescribed for three times a day or less are not given at school.
4. All medications will be stored and dispensed only in the Main Office.
5. Hijaz Academy does not have a full-time Nurse on site and does not offer special education services. The school may decline admission to a child with medical conditions such as severe asthma, diabetes, seizure disorders, etc. In case the student’s ailment is mild in nature and is thus accepted at Hijaz Academy, it is the parent’s responsibility to educate school staff on ways to deal with the condition during school hours. Parents should ensure that all required medication is submitted to school along with clear instruction for its use.